REFUNDS OF PARENTAL INCOME GUIDANCE
As more school trips are being cancelled there is a need to refund parents for income already collected. Please follow these instructions for enquiring and processing refunds to parents.
School Uses an Online Income Systems to Collect Parental Income
There are a number of online income systems used and each one is different -
- ParentPay – Process an invoice to ParentPay on SIMS FMS, this then transfers the cash to ParentPay, so the parent can then be reimbursed via the system.
- WisePay – Process an invoice to WisePay on SIMS FMS, this then transfers the cash to WisePay, so the parent can then be reimbursed via the system.
- Worldpay – For accounts (schools listed below) under Alan Sanford's administrative account (email@example.com ). Access will be granted to process refunds and debit the main SCC Receipts Account.
- Worldpay – For schools not listed in the bullet point above, depending on how they are set up, option a or b should be used:
- The school has a direct debit from WorldPay in place which pays in the income into the SCC Receipts Account. Process a refund on the system and this will automatically be charged to the income direct debit in place, reducing the direct debit.
b) Process an invoice to WorldPay on SIMS FMS, this then transfers the cash to Worldpay, so the parent can be reimbursed via the system.
- ParentMail – The school has a direct debit from ParentMail in place which pays in the income into the SCC Receipts Account. Process a refund on the system and this will automatically be charged to the income direct debit in place, reducing the direct debit.
School Collects Parental Income Directly from Parents
If an online income collection system is not used and the income is collected directly by the school, there are two options:
- Complete PRFs (http://intranet.somerset.gov.uk/sapnav/useful-forms/ - Payment Request Form). One will need to be completed for each parent and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. This will send the payment directly to the parent.
b) Petty cash – cheques are issued to each parent. This may require increased petty cash limit via Peter Coward (email@example.com ) so the petty cash account does not go overdrawn.
You may also have queries on the following areas:
- Customer account refunds – Where a school has raised an invoice to a third party and needs to be given a refund – send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unallocated income – Income that has been paid in to the SCC bank account, but has not appear on the reconciliation – send enquiries to SCC_Cashiers@somerset.gov.uk
In the first instance, if you have any general queries on the guidance please contact the Schools Funding and Accounting Team (SFAT) via email email@example.com
If your query relates to transactional processes on SIMS FMS, please contact Education Financial Services (EFS) via hone the EFS Helpline on 01823 359984 (Option 4 - Finance) or log queries using the SCC self-service.
24 June 2020