The Kickstart job placements must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Paid the National Minimum Wage for their age group through PAYE
Funding is available to cover all costs associated with the salary of the Kickstart Employee and an additional £1500 per placement is available to support with recruitment, enrolment and support/training costs throughout the 6 months.
Wrap Around Support
To be eligible to apply, organisations must showcase their intention and ability to provide a strong service of wrap around support and training to the employee in order to enhance their work experience placement and to help them in finding permanent work after the scheme has finished. This should include;
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping, maths and literacy and teamwork
Somerset County Council will use part of the £1500 funding per placement to design a bespoke training and support offer for all kickstart employees.
Can you offer a Kickstart Placement?
To register your interest in offering a Kickstart Placement, please complete the following;
What happens next?
There is a lengthy application process to follow set by the Department for Work and Pensions.
Colleagues in Organisational Development will co-ordinate this process for all service areas/schools within Somerset County Council and work with you to assess/interview candidates.
We envisage placements starting from February 2021.