It’s a parent’s worst nightmare – your son or daughter is being bullied at school. But how do you actually know that they’re being targeted?
If you think your child may be being bullied, look out for the following signs:
- They come home from school with cuts, bruises or torn clothing.
- They’re hungry, or have walked home, having had bus fare or lunch money stolen.
- They’re unusually moody or withdrawn, or are picking fights at home.
- Their work and grades at school start to slide.
- They’re reluctant to go to school, insist on being driven there, or pretend to be unwell.
- Their eating habits change, or they aren’t sleeping well.