Churchstanton Primary School was first established in 1850 when a small schoolroom was built in the grounds of Churchstanton Parish Church. The school moved to its present site in 1878, which is located at Cox Hill, 10 miles south-west of the county town of Taunton and 1¾ miles west of Churchinford village, in the parish of Churchstanton.
Surrounded by farmland and woods, we are situated within the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
With over 150 years of history, Churchstanton Primary is now a County funded school and is not affiliated with any religious body.
The school site consists of the old school house, which has been converted into a library, resources room and kitchen downstairs, together with offices and a staff room upstairs. An extension to the original building houses our school hall and dining room. The classrooms are housed within 3 prefabricated units, each with independent cloakroom facilities.
Visitors often remark on the beauty of the site, with the school grounds extending to around 2 acres and offering the children a choice of 3 playgrounds, a fenced area of forest and some general grassy areas. We also have a school pond and wildlife area.
Please take the Tour of our school to see our buildings and grounds.
< Top of page