The Governing Body is organised into 2 sub-committees and each governor is a member of one or more of these committees.
The committees meet on a regular basis and perform the majority of the work of the Governing Body, reporting back to the Governing Body at the next Full Governing Body meeting.
The Business Committee
- All the physical requirements necessary for Education.
- To work in consultation with the Headteacher and school's Finance Officer to provide guidance to the Governing Body on all financial matters, including staffing arrangements.
- To work in consultation with the Headteacher to provide guidance to the Governing Body on priorities, including health and safety, for the maintenance and development of the school's premises.
- To receive reports from the Headteacher regarding her delegated power of authorising spending up to £1000.
- To report to the Governing Body any other financial and other decisions made by them in accordance with their delegated powers.
The School Improvement Committee
- To consider and make recommendations to the Governing Body on standards and other issues relating to the school's curriculum and educational matters, including statutory requirements and the school's curriculum policy. The full Governing Body must take all decisions concerning the adoption of these recommendations.
- To work in consultation with the Headteacher to provide guidance to the Governing Body on all matters relating to the health and welfare, both corporal and spiritual, of the staff and pupils of the school and to foster a link with the wider community.
- Report to the Governing Body any decisions made by them in accordance with their delegated powers.