Ofsted Parent View
Parent View is an online facility launched by Ofsted in October 2011 that allows parents and carers to give their views about their child’s school at any time of the school year. The questionnaire is also the main mechanism for parents to give their views to inspectors about their child’s school at the time of a school inspection.
How to register on Parent View
To register on the Parent View site, parents must initially enter an email address, and then confirm that they are a parent or carer. They will also be asked to clarify how many schools their children attend (allowing for different children at different schools). An email is then sent to the specified email address to verify the account. On verification, users then select a secure password for their account.
Parent View questions
Once the login has been activated, you can follow the instructions on the screen and indicate whether you strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree or don’t know in response to 11 short statements. Question 12 asks whether you would recommend the school to other parents.
The 12 statements and question are:
1. My child is happy at this school
2. My child feels safe at this school
3. My child makes good progress at this school
4. My child is well looked after at this school
5. My child is taught well at this school
6. My child receives appropriate homework for their age
7. This school makes sure its pupils are well behaved
8. This school deals effectively with bullying
9. This school is well led and managed
10. This school responds well to any concerns I raise
11. I receive valuable information from the school about my child’s progress
12. Would you recommend this school to another parent?
How results are displayed
When Ofsted have received a minimum of 10 responses for a school, the results will be available on the Parent View website for schools, parents/carers and the general public to view. Data about each school are displayed in percentages and in easy-to-understand graphs. The results for each school are saved at the end of the academic year, so provide headteachers and governors with a useful year-on-year picture of parents’ views.
When can parents complete Parent View?
When a school is inspected, parents are notified about the inspection and invited to complete the Parent View questionnaire, preferably before 11am on the first day of the two-day inspection so that inspectors can consider all online responses that are submitted during the inspection.
Parent View can also be completed at any time during the year. If a parent updates their responses for a school more than once in an academic year, the previous results will be overwritten so that only one ‘view’ for each parent, per school, is held.
Can we take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your time in completing this important questionnaire.