Greenfylde Church of England First School is set in the heart of the town of Ilminster. It has around 320 pupils on roll, arranged in 12 classes as well as children in our two pre-schools Sunny Ile and Cygnets. The children almost all come from the town, but a few join us from outlying villages. The school is very proud to be community based, working with local organisations for the benefit of the pupils and the local community.
As a Church of England School, it is our role to serve the families and children within the local community. This is regardless of gender, disability, special educational need, ethnic or social background or whether the family is of any particular faith or none. Our aim is to be as inclusive as possible.
‘Our doors are open –
everyone is welcome in Greenfylde C of E First School. As a school community we
seek through shared service to support children, families and wider community;
encouraging high expectation, hope and support for aspirations and an
understanding that all deserve to receive and give respect and dignity.’ John 10:10
SCHOOL ETHOS- Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers pupils. The ethos of the school promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, emotional, social and academic progress of every child. We strive for a safe, secure and positive learning environment, in which all learners can thrive.
OUR PHILOSOPHY IS:-
1. Every child is a valued individual who has great potential.
2. Every child develops at differing rates.
3. Learning is a lifelong process.
4. Education is a partnership between home and school.
5. Our phase of education is the most vital.
6. To provide the highest quality education possible.
OUR AIMS ARE:-
1. To develop the whole child in a positive, supporting, stimulating environment.
2. To support and develop the child’s individual strengths.
3. To foster an independent, enquiring approach to all aspects of life.
4. To forge links between home and school.
5. That every child achieves to the best of their ability.
| | Please click on the link below for the latest DfE released data about our school
Our Links to the Minster Church
Learn about the Pre-school Settings we work with