Welcome to Greenfylde First School
We are currently showing parents around looking for entry to Reception in September 2018.
So why choose Greenfylde?
- A school based in the heart of the community of Ilminster.
- Strong academic record with results above national and Somerset averages.
- A commitment to developing the whole child including a focus on social and emotional development.
- Single age Reception classes with no more than 25 pupils in each.
- All classes across the school have no more than 30 pupils with a teacher and learning support assistant.
- Wide curriculum including the Arts, Forest School and Sport and this year we were shortlisted for the Community Education Awards.
- National Outstanding Sporting Provision category.
- An established and dynamic on site Pre-School offering excellent care and learning for 2 to 5 year olds.
- Extensive facilities including a swimming pool and two outdoor learning classrooms.
- A school where your child will be cared for and develop a love of learning.
If you are interested in visiting the school for entry to Reception or to look at joining us in later year groups please contact the school office on
If you are interested in hiring our hall and annex facilities please contact Rebecca Horne in the school office 01460 52686.
If you would like to book your children in for our Breakfast and After School Extended Provision Services or for Sunny Ile Pre school places please contact Helen Lancaster on 01460 259732
In the event of bad weather causing the school to close a notice will be posted here. In addition, announcements of closures will be on BBC Somerset Radio (95.5FM) and Heart FM (102)
Thursday 19th July – Transition session 3 to new classes
Friday 20th July – Y4 Crealy trip
Monday 23rd July – Y4 Leavers’ Service at The Minster 6pm
Summer holidays Wednesday 25th July - Sunday 2nd September. Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th September are INSET days. School re-opens to pupils on Wednesday 5th September.