· The Core Standards are a framework for delivering to the duties in the SEND Code of Practice
· Every teacher, lecturer or practitioner is a teacher of every child and young person
· Quality First Teaching underpins the Core Standards (and all educational provision)
· The Core Standards have been developed with the Parent Carer Forum, Young People's Champions, Early Years, Primary, Secondary and
Further Education Leaders.
· The Core Standards do not place new or extra responsibilities on education settings. They are a tool to promote consistency across the local
authority by making clear what is already expected of all education settings.