What else can I do to help my child?
You are the person who knows your child best and has the most influence on their development. You could try to –
- Share books with each other
- Talk and listen to each other
- Involve them in family activities and encourage them to take responsibility for doing certain jobs around the house
- Play games that help develop good social relationships and self confidence.
Remember to be realistic with your expectations of your child. It is very important that you encourage and praise your child for what they can achieve.
You can also help your child by working as a partner in their education. For example you should try to:
- Keep in regular contact with the school and discuss how to support your child’s learning
- Always contact the school if you have any concerns or questions about your child’s education
- Ask for an explanation if you are unsure about what people are saying
- Attend parents evenings, concerts, performances whenever possible to let your child know that you are interested in what they are doing at school
- Share all the relevant information with your child’s school and other professionals involved
Haselbury Plucknett Church of England First School
SENCo: Mrs M McLelland Tel: 01460 72833