Our staff team are a major asset to Haselbury Plucknett Pre-School and are led by our Pre-School Supervisor, Anna Drew. They help to create a happy, secure and stimulating environment, both educationally and socially.
Pre-School Supervisor: Miss Anna Drew
NVQ 3 – Childcare Learning and Development
- Safeguarding Officer
- Behaviour Management Officer
- Health and Safety Officer
Deputy Supervisor: Mrs Joanne Rasheed
EY Educators Diploma Level 3
Special Needs Support Assistant:
Mrs Kerry Barlow
NVQ Level 4 in Childrens Care, Learning and Development
Student/Volunteer: Miss Gemma Whitmarsh
Student Early Years Educator (Level 3) with Somerset Skills and Learning
All our staff are DBS checked and hold current Paediatric First Aid and Food Hygiene certificates.
The Keyworker System
Young children require consistency of care and attachments. We therefore observe and monitor the progress of all the children in the group using a Keyworker System. All new children will be allocated a member of staff who will be their Keyworker (special person). The Keyworker has specific responsibilities to the children in their care. These responsibilities are:
- To build a relationship with the child to enable the child to feel safe and secure
- To know the particular interests and stage of development of their key children.
- To monitor the Emotional, Intellectual and Physical development of their key children. This is carried out through observations and assessments. The outcomes are shared with the child and parents/carers and are used to support the individual planning for the child, ‘what comes next?’
- To work closely in partnership with the parents/carers.
- To support the child and family with their transition from Haselbury Plucknett Pre-school to Catkins Class at Haselbury Plucknett First School or to any other new school. .
All observations are confidential to you, your child’s Keyworker and the Supervisor. Your child’s online ‘Learning Journal’, created using Tapestry, is yours to look at or talk about at any time