Our pre-school is situated at Haselbury Plucknett Church of England First School within the rural village of Haselbury Plucknett, a short distance from Crewkerne and Yeovil. We offer an exciting indoor and outdoor environment for children aged between 2 and 5 years old and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, working supportively with parents to help their children develop to their full potential.
Our aims are to:
- provide a safe, welcoming environment where all children are valued and able to flourish.
- support and encourage each family, sharing information and building relationships with them so that each child can reach their full potential.
- support and encourage children's development and learning through play, giving equal opportunity to all and treating each child as an individual.
- provide an interesting and varied curriculum each term, helping and supporting each child in all areas of development as they progress through the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- ensure all children become confident, independent learners ready to begin school.
The pre-school is part of Haselbury Plucknett VC Church of England First School and is housed in a separate spacious building on site. The pre-school building comprises of a cloakroom, a main large learning space, a separate smaller learning space, a kitchen and toileting facilities. Outside there is a spacious covered play area which the children can use all year round along with a grassed area with additional equipment. We make use of the school playing field, which has areas used for forest school activities, and the school playground during specific parts of the school day.
Haselbury Plucknett Pre-School follow the policies and procedures detailed in the pre-school Policies and Procedures Folder, available on-site. All parents are advised and encouraged to read these documents which are updated regularly, according to statutory requirements.
We view the link between home and school as extremely important and have systems in place to encourage communication. We use ‘Tapestry’, the online journal, as a means to record the learning and progress made by the children. This is also used as a way to communicate with parents, so that they can share special moments and view their child’s progress on a regular basis.
News and Events
Our exciting new Pre-School opened in September 2017 and we are currently accepting registration for the Autumn Term. You are warmly invited to come and look around the school, meet our friendly staff and see the wonderful new pre-school facilities. We are also offering a 'Stay and Play’ session from 9am-10.30am every Friday morning for any age. Do pop in and see us. We would be very pleased to meet you!
"I feel very confident that my daughter is getting the best start possible at this pre-school"
"Absolutely amazing! Our son loves his new school and his teachers - we are very pleased".
"Great transition from pre-school to school"