Catkins Class - Class Teacher Mr Andrew Wood
We are a kind and caring class and want people to feel welcome when they enter our classroom. We also try our best and like to challenge ourselves in everything that we do.
A few things that we are working on at school are…
- Working independently
- Our new handwriting script
- Spelling the common exception words and tricky words correctly
- Using place value to solve problems
- Using the phonemes taught so far in our writing (Foundation Stage)
- Counting objects carefully and using counting as a way to solve problems (Foundation Stage)
The skills above can practised at home too, so feel free to play some games to develop your child’s learning!
PE occurs on a Wednesday but it is a good idea to keep your child’s PE kit in school throughout the week.
To ensure your child has a pair of wellies in school.
Other points to note…
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to come and speak to Mr Wood, Mrs Bowery or Miss Higginbotham.Please ensure that your child is brought to school on time. Please ensure that any homework sent home is completed and returned to Mr Wood. If you are unsure of any question, please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff about it.
Catkins class newsletter 23.4.18.pdf