Our broad aims at Hinton are; to enlarge a child's knowledge, experience and imaginative understanding, to develop an awareness of spiritual and moral values and a capacity for enjoyment and to enable him or her to become a responsible and active participant in society and achieve as much independence as possible.
Our more specific aims at school are that each child should be able…
· To read fluently and accurately with understanding, feeling, discrimination and with enjoyment.
· To develop a legible style of handwriting and satisfactory standard of spelling, syntax, punctuation and usage.
· To communicate clearly and confidently in speech and writing.
· To listen attentively and with understanding.
· To learn how to acquire information from various sources.
· To learn and to apply computational skills with speed and accuracy.
· To understand the applications of mathematical ideas and apply these in various situations.
· To observe the world around him/her and recognise certain characteristics, patterns and order.
· To develop an inquiring mind.
· To investigate, analyse and solve problems.
· To develop an awareness of themselves and a sensitivity towards others, acquire a set of moral values and the confidence to make moral judgements.
· To be aware of different aspects of the local environment and our national heritage.
· To experience and use music, drama, arts and crafts as means of expression.
· To develop the use of tools, equipment and various other modern instruments.
· To develop agility and physical coordination, confidence through physical activity and the enjoyment and ability to express themselves through movement and games.