PE and Sports Funding
Sport, physcial development and well-being is an extremely important element of every child's experience at Reckleford School and Nursery. We aim to inspire a love of physical play and learning through:
- A minimum of 2 hours of PE every week
- Teachers trained in Inspired PE
- Premier sports coaches sharing our ethos of all children being able to find enjoyment and their own talents in sports and games within the school and nursery
- Specialist gymnastic coaching from our local club, 'Orchard'
- Fun, daily lunchtime sessions with a range of equipment led by an experienced play worker
- Additional sessions for those showing potential ability or those who need greater confidence
- Sports clubs for all who wish to explore and extend
- Movement Support for those who have developmental coordination difficulties, including dyspraxia
- Encouragement to all to explore sports and games outside school
- Experiencing the great resources in our local community including Ninesprings park, Orchard Gymnastics Club and Ready to Climb
Our commitment to sports and physical development is a fundamental part of our school life. Should funding end in the future this commitment and quality will remain the same and the delivery of quality support and teaching will continue.
- Full PE clubs
- Time to share achievements and membership - aspiration for the future
- More children participating in sports/activities outside school
- Promotion of local clubs - aspiration for the future
- Skills/challenges identified from Nursery - appropriate support in place
- Additional time for children with social/emotional needs to support self-esteem and support skills - improving behaviour and engagement over time.
PE Action Plan 19-20