At St Mary and St Peter’s Primary School we follow the admissions criteria set out by the Local Authority.
Currently our published admission number is 8 in a cohort.
The school will be required to admit any child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN), if the statement names the school then;
1. Looked After Children – Children who are in the care of a Local Authority or have previously been and are now formally adopted.
2. Children without a statement of Special Educational Needs, identified with a sensory, physical or medical disability (High Needs Pupils), where a multi-agency professional team has identified the school as the nearest suitable school. (See important note 1)
3. Children living in the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
4. Children living in the catchment area. (see definition on page 5 - How Important is my Address)
5. Children living outside the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
6. Children living outside the catchment area and registered in an Infant, First or Middle school (within the transfer school catchment area).
7. In VC schools with a religious foundation:
- Children and/or parent(s) who are practising members of the founding religious body of the school (eg, Anglican or Methodist).
- Children and/or parent(s) who are practising members of other churches or religious denominations.
8. Children not satisfying a higher criterion
In year admission information can be requested from the school, where a place is available in year the decision to admit rests with the school, where a year group is oversubscribed applications will need to be referred to the Local Authority.